23/04/2009

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you... the logophile and wordsmith, Monty Burns

Whilst watching The Simpsons today, Mr. Burns came out with "Smithers, get this bedlamite an alienist!" Fantastic! It reminded me of his classic one liners of old. This forum seems to have quite a good list. My favourites:

"This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you!"

"What are you doing in my corpse hatch? Er, I mean, 'innocence tube'."

"Smithers had thwarted my earlier attempt to take candy from a baby, but with him out of the way, I was free to wallow in my own crapulence." (I've only ever heard of 'crapulence' once before- in Evelyn Waugh's Scoop!)

"Ooh, the Germans are mad at me. I'm so scared! Oooh, the Germans!"

Aaahhh, classic.

No comments: