04/03/2009

Mirror's Edge

I started playing Mirror's Edge on Sunday night and this Wednesday morning I finished it. IT IS AWESOME. The movement is incredibly fluid- there is a real skill to putting together sets of moves and maintaining momentum. It's definitely not easy to master, but you can pick it up straight away without any real difficulty. At the same time, it's challenging and, thus, rewarding; the bad guys are actually quite tough, and if the path isn't obvious you can spend ages stuck in one place. Taking your time first time round is quite important; I suspect a less patient person than myself might get quite frustrated. Nevertheless, a game unlike any other I've played and I like it a lot. Bring on Mirror's Side, or whatever the sequel will be called (weak, I know).

Oh, am also pleased to report that I didn't throw up at all.

No comments: