07/02/2009

Goodbye Rubik's Cube, Hello Rubik's 360...

So I'm fairly obsessed with Rubik's cubes. My p.b. is just under 1 min 30 secs, which is nothing to the fastest official time of 7.08 seconds by Erik Akkersdijk of the Netherlands. Anywho, imagine my delight when I discovered there's a new puzzle set to be released- the Rubik's 360. "Players must get the coloured balls from an inner sphere into matching slots on the outer sphere by shaking them through a middle sphere that has only two holes." Awesome!

Incidentally, I love this fact at the bottom of that article: "The slowest solver is thought to be Graham Parker, 45, a builder from Portchester, Hants, who finished his Cube earlier this month 26 years after he bought it. “When I clicked that last bit into place and each face was a solid colour I wept,” he said." I fully understand his tears.

No comments: