16/09/2008

Mission Statement

Well hello there. Welcome to Cult Potato. You lucky, lucky person. That's right, you! You are reading my inaugural post- and already I'm boring you. So, on then...

I guess the first thing you're wondering is why is it called 'Cult Potato'? Well, in short, I needed a blog name and saw a t-shirt with it on- it had a good logo (which I nabbed) and everything. In my defence I'm not usually that unoriginal and it pretty much summed up everything I'm about nicely. So first things first, I'm a bit of a geek. Not the acned warlock level 5 let's go hack an iPhone type geek, but more of a cryptic solving trainer loving internet junkie type geek. Secondly, I like to think I "don't believe the hype" but I still follow it (but let's be honest, I probably do get sucked in now and then). Thirdly, I have way too much time on my hands. Actually, I probably shouldn't; I am a medical student with lots of busywork I should be doing all the time, but I like to put things off until exam season- that way the rest of the year's more fun.

So, in short, I'm pretty much hoping to mould the Cult Potato into an amalgamation of the nerdy, cool, and some interesting science stuff (but not too much of that). I hope you like.

No comments: