16/09/2008

Full Steam Ahead

One of my as yet unrevealed hobbies is that I'm quite a keen amateur homebrewer. This isn't simply the illegal teenage dark cupboard turbo yeast and orange juice experiment (as I'm sure you've guessed, I have a story about that), but I do it a bit more properly with sterilised plastic kegs and beer kits.

My latest brew was some
Brupaks San Fransisco steam beer- not one I've ever tried before but it looks good. Apparently, this is America's only indigenous beer style and is a warm bottom fermenting cross between a lager and an ale. I've primed my bottles with some sugar and have just finished decanting it from the keg. It should be fizzy in a week or so. I can't wait. For more information on steam beer, see this article (admittedly probably only interesting to homebrewers!).

No comments: